THE JOHN PROOS SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN SPIRIT TOURNAMENT IS BACK!
This school spirit tournament is designed to foster creativity by giving students and alumni an avenue to showcase their school spirit and tell everyone what makes their school great.
The contest is a single-elimination bracket contest, inspired by the NCAA Tournament. Every school has been placed into one of four brackets and match-ups were chosen at random. Each game will begin at 12:00pm on Monday afternoon and conclude at 12:00pm on Friday afternoon. The school that scores the most points during that time will advance to the next round.
HOW DO I SCORE POINTS FOR MY SCHOOL? (NOTE: THIS HAS CHANGED FROM PREVIOUS YEARS).
There are several different ways that you can help your school to score points on my Twitter and Facebook. Here is how it works:
- Go to the “John Proos” page and LIKE the page. YOU MUST LIKE THE PAGE IN ORDER TO SCORE POINTS FOR YOUR SCHOOL.
- Score 5 points by uploading a photo to my Facebook wall, an additional bonus point will be earned for each like on your school’s weekly photo album
- You may only submit 10 PHOTOS PER DAY. If you submit more than 10 photos, only the first 10 photos will be uploaded into the official contest photo albums.
- Score 10 points by SHARING any of my posts about the tournament & mentioning your schools’ name
- You can score 1 additional point for each school spirit related comment left on your school’s weekly photo album
- Follow “Senator John Proos” (@JohnMProos) on Twitter. YOU MUST BE A FOLLOWER IN ORDER TO EARN POINTS ON TWITTER.
- Score 1 point by tweeting your vote to me and include your school’s name and the hashtag #SWMISpirit.
- Score 5 points by tweeting a photo featuring your school using the hashtag #SWMISpirit.
- Score 1 point by voting for your school in a match-up poll.
- Score 10 points by quoting any of my spirit tournament tweets (including polls) about the contest with your school’s name
- Score 1 point by voting for your school in the poll.
RULES AND TERMS:
- Photos and videos must be unique. One photo will only score your school points one time. Identical photos that are submitted multiple times will be disqualified.
- All photos and videos must contain family-friendly content. If the photos or videos do not, they will be disqualified from the contest.
- All photos and videos that are submitted for the contest, are submitted with the understanding that they may be publicly reused by my office.
- First Round: March 5- March 9
- Sweet Sixteen: March 12-March 16
- Elite Eight: March 19- March 23
- Final Four: March 26- March 30
- Championship Game: April 2- April 6
So with, everything explained, let the 2018 John Proos Southwest Michigan Spirit Contest begin! Good luck and if you have any questions regarding the contest, please feel free to contact my office at 517-373-6960 or by e-mail at email@example.com.