LANSING – Sen. John Proos announced Tuesday the winners of an online photo contest where constituents submitted their favorite photographs of southwest Michigan to be displayed in the 21st District State Senate Office.
“These outstanding photos capture the beauty of southwest Michigan, and will help make the state Senate office look and feel more like home,” said Proos, R-St. Joseph. “This has been a wonderful opportunity to allow residents to showcase what makes Michigan’s great southwest such an incredible place to live. I want to thank all those who submitted pictures and those who helped choose the winner through their selections.”
Since March 24, Proos has hosted a photo contest on his Facebook page, where residents could submit their favorite photos of the 21st District. The contest ended on Friday, May 27. The nine photos with the most ‘Likes’ or votes were selected as the winners.
“The response was overwhelming, with 165 photos being submitted. I am proud to announce today that ‘American Beauty Over Paw Paw Lake,’ entered by Kim Siglow, won first place in the contest,” Proos said. “As the top vote getter, Kim’s picture of an American Bald Eagle soaring over Paw Paw Lake will be my Facebook profile picture for the entire month of June.”
Photo contest winner, Siglow said: “It was actually my husband that took the photo by hanging out of an open, second-story window. We had seen the bald eagle several times before and were determined to get a photo. I was actually holding onto him so that he didn’t lose his balance and fall out of the window.”
The other winners of the contest, which will all be displayed in the 21st District office, include:
- “Farm Pond South of Berrien Springs,” submitted by Dave Coulston;
- “North Pier Sunset,” submitted by Lea Brookes;
- “Huge Waves on Lake Michigan,” submitted by Cheryl Aldrich Lane Walberg;
- “Frozen Beauty,” submitted by Kathy Allen;
- “A Morning Swim in Lake Michigan,” submitted by Jane Simon Ammeson;
- “Grapes at Karma Vista,” submitted by Cheryl Aldrich Lane Walberg;
- “Rambo’s Blueberries,” submitted by Kathy Allen; and
- “I Say Apple?” submitted by Kathy Allen.
To see the winners and all the entries, visit John Proos’ Facebook page and click on “Southwest Michigan Photo Contest” in the Photos section.